Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Magic Potions

Magic Potions!

For this project we were given the task to create a bottle of our own brand and create a wrapper with logo, description, and barcode. This project was one of the easiest we have done thus far and I really didn't find anything about it challenging.

Sketching

The first thing we needed to do was create a mock up sketch of both our bottle and the wrapper. This was simple so it didnt take much time. Everyone else was doing things like soda and juice but I was feeling a little creative and decided to make a "Magic Potion". It was titled "Gunter's Elixir". The name is based off my online name and I just thought elixir sounded cool.

Modeling

This model was very simple to create. I just created an outline with the bevel tool, created the surface with revolve, and converted surface to polygon. After this I created a duplicate to serve as the liquid inside the bottle, with the original being used for the glass with a bit of transparency. After this it was to photoshop! In PS I created a canvas of the dimensions required and drew the logo, got a barcode off the internet, and my wrapper was created. All I had to do was save for web (bc I'm not a fool who uses low quality images) and import it as a texture in Maya. 

No comments:

Post a Comment