Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Responsive Design

Making a Responsive Web Site

Its been a while since I blogged about web design but unfortunately everyday I am held captive in my web design room and forced to work and now I have to blog on top of that. Anyway our latest project was a photo composition website and it focused on reducing photo size to increase load speed. Now after this we had to make that website responsive so that all platforms can load the site.

Percentages

Too make a website responsive their is one crucial step. Almost all measurements must be in percentage. This makes it adjust to whatever system it is opened on. So say I set the body width style to 70%. No matter what system it is opened on it will open it at 70%. 

Media tags

At the very end of the CSS we had to add tags that are media tags for specific systems. Tablets, monitors, ect. This is used so that the people viewing the website can actual operate it on their level. Say my sidebar is 20%. This might be small for mobile users but big for PC/MAC users. This is solved with the media tag. It makes certain specifications for certain systems so all users can operate your site.

No comments:

Post a Comment