Thursday, October 25, 2018

First FreeLance Project

Unity? Characters? Animations? So much!

So for my first e-Comm freelance project I was given the simple task of doing a project that shows what type of job I want to pursue in the industry, so I thought it was a great opportunity for me to demonstrate my interests and learn unity. 

Unity is a game engine that can be downloaded for free if you are not intending to profit from your creation and you earn less then 100k a year. This makes it a GREAT program for beginners to jump straight into game development. This is a pretty tricky assignment for sure so I am going to have to work extra hard.

The plan:

Step One:

Develop the character. 
The character I am going to be using is a very bland and basic thief/rogue character. This is to speed up the modeling process, and to make animation a center point.
Here is my current progress:

Step Two:

Develop the Model.
Pretty self explanatory.

Step Three:

Rigging!
Rigging is definitely something I am going to take a bit of time with. From past experiences, rigs can make or break animations. 

Step Four:

Animation!
Specifically a walk cycle. I have attempted a walk cycle in the past and it came out rather clunky. My hope with this is to develop a walk cycle thats pretty nice.

Step Five: 

Enter Unity.
The goal after this is to be able to send my creation into unity to have it work as an interactive experience.


This creator has made a whole series dedicated to developing simple characters and putting them into the game engine. Even though the program demonstrated is blender, it is also applicable to Maya. Most of what is taught in these tutorials is universal animation and tech skill.


No comments:

Post a Comment